With all the fuss over Devin Hester’s holdout and the Chris Williams signing, one of the bits of news flying under the radar is the injury to center Olin Kreutz. There’s probably good reason for that, though, as the Sun-Times reports it isn’t a serious injury. It may or may not hold Kreutz out of the first preseason game, but there’s no concern that it would remain until the regular season.
Also of note, Dusty Dvoracek is battling an injury for the third straight season. Dvoracek has a calf injury, not believed to be serious, but a nuisance nonetheless for a guy trying to solidify a roster spot and more playing time than last year’s lone game against San Diego.
According to Larry Mayer on ChicagoBears.com, the wide receivers looked solid in the first practice. Marty Booker, Earl Bennett, and Mark Bradley all made some great catches, which is a nice sign for Bears fans concerned about the quality of the position.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks