With all the fuss over Devin Hester’s holdout and the Chris Williams signing, one of the bits of news flying under the radar is the injury to center Olin Kreutz. There’s probably good reason for that, though, as the Sun-Times reports it isn’t a serious injury. It may or may not hold Kreutz out of the first preseason game, but there’s no concern that it would remain until the regular season.
Also of note, Dusty Dvoracek is battling an injury for the third straight season. Dvoracek has a calf injury, not believed to be serious, but a nuisance nonetheless for a guy trying to solidify a roster spot and more playing time than last year’s lone game against San Diego.
According to Larry Mayer on ChicagoBears.com, the wide receivers looked solid in the first practice. Marty Booker, Earl Bennett, and Mark Bradley all made some great catches, which is a nice sign for Bears fans concerned about the quality of the position.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year