With all the fuss over Devin Hester’s holdout and the Chris Williams signing, one of the bits of news flying under the radar is the injury to center Olin Kreutz. There’s probably good reason for that, though, as the Sun-Times reports it isn’t a serious injury. It may or may not hold Kreutz out of the first preseason game, but there’s no concern that it would remain until the regular season.
Also of note, Dusty Dvoracek is battling an injury for the third straight season. Dvoracek has a calf injury, not believed to be serious, but a nuisance nonetheless for a guy trying to solidify a roster spot and more playing time than last year’s lone game against San Diego.
According to Larry Mayer on ChicagoBears.com, the wide receivers looked solid in the first practice. Marty Booker, Earl Bennett, and Mark Bradley all made some great catches, which is a nice sign for Bears fans concerned about the quality of the position.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears