With all the fuss over Devin Hester’s holdout and the Chris Williams signing, one of the bits of news flying under the radar is the injury to center Olin Kreutz. There’s probably good reason for that, though, as the Sun-Times reports it isn’t a serious injury. It may or may not hold Kreutz out of the first preseason game, but there’s no concern that it would remain until the regular season.
Also of note, Dusty Dvoracek is battling an injury for the third straight season. Dvoracek has a calf injury, not believed to be serious, but a nuisance nonetheless for a guy trying to solidify a roster spot and more playing time than last year’s lone game against San Diego.
According to Larry Mayer on ChicagoBears.com, the wide receivers looked solid in the first practice. Marty Booker, Earl Bennett, and Mark Bradley all made some great catches, which is a nice sign for Bears fans concerned about the quality of the position.
- Breaking down the Bears, post-dress rehearsal
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal