With all the fuss over Devin Hester’s holdout and the Chris Williams signing, one of the bits of news flying under the radar is the injury to center Olin Kreutz. There’s probably good reason for that, though, as the Sun-Times reports it isn’t a serious injury. It may or may not hold Kreutz out of the first preseason game, but there’s no concern that it would remain until the regular season.
Also of note, Dusty Dvoracek is battling an injury for the third straight season. Dvoracek has a calf injury, not believed to be serious, but a nuisance nonetheless for a guy trying to solidify a roster spot and more playing time than last year’s lone game against San Diego.
According to Larry Mayer on ChicagoBears.com, the wide receivers looked solid in the first practice. Marty Booker, Earl Bennett, and Mark Bradley all made some great catches, which is a nice sign for Bears fans concerned about the quality of the position.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear