When it seemed obvious to the average fan that Devin Hester would be doing more harm to himself than good by not reporting to training camp, Hester’s common sense was called into question.
On Friday, in his Q&A with the media, he dispelled some of that intrigue.
“I’m just here [because] I don’t want to fall too far behind. I want to be with my teammates. Every day I’m at home watching the news and reading the paper, it hurts me to be home and not here with them. So I’m here and basically that’s all I have to say.”
Hester did not practice because of a sore hamstring. Whether or not he’ll participate in practice while his contract is being negotiated remains to be seen. Hester had no comment when asked if he’d practice without an extension.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft