When it seemed obvious to the average fan that Devin Hester would be doing more harm to himself than good by not reporting to training camp, Hester’s common sense was called into question.
On Friday, in his Q&A with the media, he dispelled some of that intrigue.
“I’m just here [because] I don’t want to fall too far behind. I want to be with my teammates. Every day I’m at home watching the news and reading the paper, it hurts me to be home and not here with them. So I’m here and basically that’s all I have to say.”
Hester did not practice because of a sore hamstring. Whether or not he’ll participate in practice while his contract is being negotiated remains to be seen. Hester had no comment when asked if he’d practice without an extension.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year