When it seemed obvious to the average fan that Devin Hester would be doing more harm to himself than good by not reporting to training camp, Hester’s common sense was called into question.
On Friday, in his Q&A with the media, he dispelled some of that intrigue.
“I’m just here [because] I don’t want to fall too far behind. I want to be with my teammates. Every day I’m at home watching the news and reading the paper, it hurts me to be home and not here with them. So I’m here and basically that’s all I have to say.”
Hester did not practice because of a sore hamstring. Whether or not he’ll participate in practice while his contract is being negotiated remains to be seen. Hester had no comment when asked if he’d practice without an extension.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears