ESPN.com is reporting breaking news that Brett Favre has told Ed Werder that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated him. The Packers refused to confirm or deny that report because today isn’t an official business day.
Favre will fly to Green Bay Sunday night, but he is not expected to show up at Packers’ Family Night at Lambeau Field, where more than 60,00 fans are expected.
As per the rules of reinstatement, the Packers have 24 hours from the official reinstatement to either move Favre or welcome him back to camp.
It’s unlikely he’ll be traded so quickly, so it’s likely that the Favre media circus at Packers training camp will begin Tuesday when the Packers’ next practice takes place.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear