ESPN.com is reporting breaking news that Brett Favre has told Ed Werder that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated him. The Packers refused to confirm or deny that report because today isn’t an official business day.
Favre will fly to Green Bay Sunday night, but he is not expected to show up at Packers’ Family Night at Lambeau Field, where more than 60,00 fans are expected.
As per the rules of reinstatement, the Packers have 24 hours from the official reinstatement to either move Favre or welcome him back to camp.
It’s unlikely he’ll be traded so quickly, so it’s likely that the Favre media circus at Packers training camp will begin Tuesday when the Packers’ next practice takes place.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears