Did the Bears coaching staff inform quarterbacks Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton when they’d name the starter?
David Haugh reports on ChicagoSports.com that Rex Grossman said the following in an interview:
“This is obviously a competition, so you want to play your best and put your best foot forward in these two preseason games … three … however many,” Grossman said. “I don’t know when the final verdict comes in.”
As Haugh suggests, it may have been a simple mistake, then again, it could have been that Grossman accidentally slipped information that the starter will be revealed before the third preseason game against San Francisco.
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft