Did the Bears coaching staff inform quarterbacks Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton when they’d name the starter?
David Haugh reports on ChicagoSports.com that Rex Grossman said the following in an interview:
“This is obviously a competition, so you want to play your best and put your best foot forward in these two preseason games … three … however many,” Grossman said. “I don’t know when the final verdict comes in.”
As Haugh suggests, it may have been a simple mistake, then again, it could have been that Grossman accidentally slipped information that the starter will be revealed before the third preseason game against San Francisco.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears