Did the Bears coaching staff inform quarterbacks Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton when they’d name the starter?
David Haugh reports on ChicagoSports.com that Rex Grossman said the following in an interview:
“This is obviously a competition, so you want to play your best and put your best foot forward in these two preseason games … three … however many,” Grossman said. “I don’t know when the final verdict comes in.”
As Haugh suggests, it may have been a simple mistake, then again, it could have been that Grossman accidentally slipped information that the starter will be revealed before the third preseason game against San Francisco.
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?