Did the Bears coaching staff inform quarterbacks Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton when they’d name the starter?
David Haugh reports on ChicagoSports.com that Rex Grossman said the following in an interview:
“This is obviously a competition, so you want to play your best and put your best foot forward in these two preseason games … three … however many,” Grossman said. “I don’t know when the final verdict comes in.”
As Haugh suggests, it may have been a simple mistake, then again, it could have been that Grossman accidentally slipped information that the starter will be revealed before the third preseason game against San Francisco.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone