Did the Bears coaching staff inform quarterbacks Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton when they’d name the starter?
David Haugh reports on ChicagoSports.com that Rex Grossman said the following in an interview:
“This is obviously a competition, so you want to play your best and put your best foot forward in these two preseason games … three … however many,” Grossman said. “I don’t know when the final verdict comes in.”
As Haugh suggests, it may have been a simple mistake, then again, it could have been that Grossman accidentally slipped information that the starter will be revealed before the third preseason game against San Francisco.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce