ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets. In a previous report, the Jets were rumored to be offering a conditional fourth round draft pick that could become a second round pick depending on how Favre performs in 2008.
The Bears will not have the pleasure of facing Favre this season, as they would have if he remained with the Packers or if he were traded to the Buccaneers, the other team that expressed interested in acquiring him.
Somehow, I still can’t see him wearing a different uniform than the Packers’, even though he’ll still be wearing green. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.
There’s been rumors that Chad Pennington might get released because of this deal. Whether or not the Bears will have any interest in him remains to be seen, but they’ll definitely do their due diligence in looking at all options that present themselves.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce