ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets. In a previous report, the Jets were rumored to be offering a conditional fourth round draft pick that could become a second round pick depending on how Favre performs in 2008.
The Bears will not have the pleasure of facing Favre this season, as they would have if he remained with the Packers or if he were traded to the Buccaneers, the other team that expressed interested in acquiring him.
Somehow, I still can’t see him wearing a different uniform than the Packers’, even though he’ll still be wearing green. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.
There’s been rumors that Chad Pennington might get released because of this deal. Whether or not the Bears will have any interest in him remains to be seen, but they’ll definitely do their due diligence in looking at all options that present themselves.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler