ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets. In a previous report, the Jets were rumored to be offering a conditional fourth round draft pick that could become a second round pick depending on how Favre performs in 2008.
The Bears will not have the pleasure of facing Favre this season, as they would have if he remained with the Packers or if he were traded to the Buccaneers, the other team that expressed interested in acquiring him.
Somehow, I still can’t see him wearing a different uniform than the Packers’, even though he’ll still be wearing green. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.
There’s been rumors that Chad Pennington might get released because of this deal. Whether or not the Bears will have any interest in him remains to be seen, but they’ll definitely do their due diligence in looking at all options that present themselves.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone