ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets. In a previous report, the Jets were rumored to be offering a conditional fourth round draft pick that could become a second round pick depending on how Favre performs in 2008.
The Bears will not have the pleasure of facing Favre this season, as they would have if he remained with the Packers or if he were traded to the Buccaneers, the other team that expressed interested in acquiring him.
Somehow, I still can’t see him wearing a different uniform than the Packers’, even though he’ll still be wearing green. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.
There’s been rumors that Chad Pennington might get released because of this deal. Whether or not the Bears will have any interest in him remains to be seen, but they’ll definitely do their due diligence in looking at all options that present themselves.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night