ESPN is reporting that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets. In a previous report, the Jets were rumored to be offering a conditional fourth round draft pick that could become a second round pick depending on how Favre performs in 2008.
The Bears will not have the pleasure of facing Favre this season, as they would have if he remained with the Packers or if he were traded to the Buccaneers, the other team that expressed interested in acquiring him.
Somehow, I still can’t see him wearing a different uniform than the Packers’, even though he’ll still be wearing green. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.
There’s been rumors that Chad Pennington might get released because of this deal. Whether or not the Bears will have any interest in him remains to be seen, but they’ll definitely do their due diligence in looking at all options that present themselves.
- Bears will eye Broncos free agents
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point