Apparently Garrett Wolfe can play hurt, because the second year back had a successful game against the Chiefs on Thursday and has been playing with a sore hamstring for some time now.
In a story on ChicagoSports.com, Wolfe says he is “about 80 percent” and that he’s feeling better from when he first hurt it. He can’t afford to miss any time because there are three other running backs on the depth chart and he is trying to keep a spot on the team.
“Garrett Wolfe will be on our team for sure,” Bears’ running backs coach Tim Spencer said. “And he’ll be making plays.”
Wolfe is vying to be the Bears’ third down and change of pace back.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks