In a widely expected move, Lovie Smith announced today that Kyle Orton will start the season opener Sept. 7 in Indianapolis.
The move comes as a relief to a lot of Grossman-bashers, one of whom I work with who just told me seconds ago, “Thank God, now I don’t have to go get a Packers jersey.”
While I don’t agree with his sentiment that if Grossman were named starter that Bears fans need to jump ship, he — and every other Bears fan — is entitled to his opinion.
But be forewarned, Bears fans. It is likely that we will see Grossman starting at some point this season. I am, however, a man of my word and I will stand behind Orton as “the guy” through thick and thin. It’s just what you do as a dedicated Bears fan.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft