In a widely expected move, Lovie Smith announced today that Kyle Orton will start the season opener Sept. 7 in Indianapolis.
The move comes as a relief to a lot of Grossman-bashers, one of whom I work with who just told me seconds ago, “Thank God, now I don’t have to go get a Packers jersey.”
While I don’t agree with his sentiment that if Grossman were named starter that Bears fans need to jump ship, he — and every other Bears fan — is entitled to his opinion.
But be forewarned, Bears fans. It is likely that we will see Grossman starting at some point this season. I am, however, a man of my word and I will stand behind Orton as “the guy” through thick and thin. It’s just what you do as a dedicated Bears fan.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears