The Bears released four players on Sunday, none of which were unexpected.
Rookie wide receiver Marcus Monk was the most notable player released, along with fellow receiver Ryan Grice-Mullen, cornerback Leslie Majors, and safety Josh Gattis.
It’s possible that Monk or any of the others could re-sign with the team to the practice squad before the season starts if they don’t draw interest from other teams.
The Bears have 75 players on their roster, which meets the cutdown required of all teams by Tuesday. The Bears must reduce their roster to 53 by 3 p.m. next Saturday.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears