The Bears released four players on Sunday, none of which were unexpected.
Rookie wide receiver Marcus Monk was the most notable player released, along with fellow receiver Ryan Grice-Mullen, cornerback Leslie Majors, and safety Josh Gattis.
It’s possible that Monk or any of the others could re-sign with the team to the practice squad before the season starts if they don’t draw interest from other teams.
The Bears have 75 players on their roster, which meets the cutdown required of all teams by Tuesday. The Bears must reduce their roster to 53 by 3 p.m. next Saturday.
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury