The Bears released four players on Sunday, none of which were unexpected.
Rookie wide receiver Marcus Monk was the most notable player released, along with fellow receiver Ryan Grice-Mullen, cornerback Leslie Majors, and safety Josh Gattis.
It’s possible that Monk or any of the others could re-sign with the team to the practice squad before the season starts if they don’t draw interest from other teams.
The Bears have 75 players on their roster, which meets the cutdown required of all teams by Tuesday. The Bears must reduce their roster to 53 by 3 p.m. next Saturday.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone