The Bears released four players on Sunday, none of which were unexpected.
Rookie wide receiver Marcus Monk was the most notable player released, along with fellow receiver Ryan Grice-Mullen, cornerback Leslie Majors, and safety Josh Gattis.
It’s possible that Monk or any of the others could re-sign with the team to the practice squad before the season starts if they don’t draw interest from other teams.
The Bears have 75 players on their roster, which meets the cutdown required of all teams by Tuesday. The Bears must reduce their roster to 53 by 3 p.m. next Saturday.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft