NFL teams had until 5 PM Saturday to make their final cuts to get their roster number down to 53 players.
Here was my hypothetical 53-man roster if I were the Bears’ GM.
The only differences between mine and the actual roster are as follows:
- Add Garrett Wolfe, Mark Bradley, Dusty Dvoracek (whom I mistakenly forgot to add to mine, oops!).
- Subtract Lousaka Polite, Anthony Oakley, Michael Okwo.
And here’s a look at how the Bears’ roster stands:
Quarterback (3): Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, Caleb Hanie.
Running Back (4): Matt Forte, Kevin Jones, Garrett Wolfe, Adrian Peterson.
Fullback (1): Jason McKie.
Wide Receiver (6): Devin Hester, Brandon Lloyd, Earl Bennett, Marty Booker, Rashied Davis, Mark Bradley.
Tight End (3): Desmond Clark, Greg Olsen, Kellen Davis.
Offensive Line (8): Olin Kreutz, Josh Beekman, Terrence Metcalf, Roberto Garza, John Tait, John St. Clair, Chris Williams, Kirk Barton.
Defensive Line (9): Tommie Harris, Anthony Adams, Dusty Dvoracek, Israel Idonije, Marcus Harrison, Alex Brown, Adewale Ogunleye, Mark Anderson, Matt Toeaina.
Linebacker (6): Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Hunter Hillenmeyer, Jamar Williams, Darrell McClover, Nick Roach.
Safety (4): Mike Brown, Brandon McGowan, Kevin Payne, Craig Steltz.
Cornerback (6): Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, Danieal Manning, Corey Graham, Zackary Bowman, Trumaine McBride.
Specialists (3): Robbie Gould, Brad Maynard, Patrick Mannelly.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks