NFL teams had until 5 PM Saturday to make their final cuts to get their roster number down to 53 players.
Here was my hypothetical 53-man roster if I were the Bears’ GM.
The only differences between mine and the actual roster are as follows:
- Add Garrett Wolfe, Mark Bradley, Dusty Dvoracek (whom I mistakenly forgot to add to mine, oops!).
- Subtract Lousaka Polite, Anthony Oakley, Michael Okwo.
And here’s a look at how the Bears’ roster stands:
Quarterback (3): Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman, Caleb Hanie.
Running Back (4): Matt Forte, Kevin Jones, Garrett Wolfe, Adrian Peterson.
Fullback (1): Jason McKie.
Wide Receiver (6): Devin Hester, Brandon Lloyd, Earl Bennett, Marty Booker, Rashied Davis, Mark Bradley.
Tight End (3): Desmond Clark, Greg Olsen, Kellen Davis.
Offensive Line (8): Olin Kreutz, Josh Beekman, Terrence Metcalf, Roberto Garza, John Tait, John St. Clair, Chris Williams, Kirk Barton.
Defensive Line (9): Tommie Harris, Anthony Adams, Dusty Dvoracek, Israel Idonije, Marcus Harrison, Alex Brown, Adewale Ogunleye, Mark Anderson, Matt Toeaina.
Linebacker (6): Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Hunter Hillenmeyer, Jamar Williams, Darrell McClover, Nick Roach.
Safety (4): Mike Brown, Brandon McGowan, Kevin Payne, Craig Steltz.
Cornerback (6): Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, Danieal Manning, Corey Graham, Zackary Bowman, Trumaine McBride.
Specialists (3): Robbie Gould, Brad Maynard, Patrick Mannelly.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear