The Bears on Tuesday added depth to their offensive line by trading an undisclosed 2009 draft pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for offensive lineman Dan Buenning.
Buenning, a 26-year old guard, started all 16 games for the Buccaneers in 2005, but his 2006 season was cut short by a torn ACL. He was inactive for all games last year due to the Buccaneers’ stability at the position.
The Bears obviously felt they needed depth at guard, where Josh Beekman, Terrence Metcalf, and Roberto Garza were the only options.
To make room on the active roster, the Bears waived rookie cornerback Zackary Bowman.
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft