According to ChicagoSports.com, a team source said that defensive tackle Tommie Harris hasn’t practiced since after the third preseason game against San Francisco. He was held out of the preseason finale against Cleveland and the Bears haven’t mentioned his absence from practices.
If Harris is injured worse than the Bears are letting on, he could miss Sunday’s game against Indianapolis or he could wind up missing significant time this season. Being that this year appears to be a rebuilding year, it’s not as devastating as his season-ending injury during the team’s Super Bowl run in 2006.
The team rejected any notion that Harris’ knee is injured worse than originally thought, but that’s not a surprise. The team likes to play things close to its vest.
You can’t replace a Tommie Harris, but, luckily, the team has a lot of depth this year at defensive tackle.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks