According to ChicagoSports.com, a team source said that defensive tackle Tommie Harris hasn’t practiced since after the third preseason game against San Francisco. He was held out of the preseason finale against Cleveland and the Bears haven’t mentioned his absence from practices.
If Harris is injured worse than the Bears are letting on, he could miss Sunday’s game against Indianapolis or he could wind up missing significant time this season. Being that this year appears to be a rebuilding year, it’s not as devastating as his season-ending injury during the team’s Super Bowl run in 2006.
The team rejected any notion that Harris’ knee is injured worse than originally thought, but that’s not a surprise. The team likes to play things close to its vest.
You can’t replace a Tommie Harris, but, luckily, the team has a lot of depth this year at defensive tackle.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach