According to ChicagoSports.com, a team source said that defensive tackle Tommie Harris hasn’t practiced since after the third preseason game against San Francisco. He was held out of the preseason finale against Cleveland and the Bears haven’t mentioned his absence from practices.
If Harris is injured worse than the Bears are letting on, he could miss Sunday’s game against Indianapolis or he could wind up missing significant time this season. Being that this year appears to be a rebuilding year, it’s not as devastating as his season-ending injury during the team’s Super Bowl run in 2006.
The team rejected any notion that Harris’ knee is injured worse than originally thought, but that’s not a surprise. The team likes to play things close to its vest.
You can’t replace a Tommie Harris, but, luckily, the team has a lot of depth this year at defensive tackle.
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft