According to ChicagoSports.com, a team source said that defensive tackle Tommie Harris hasn’t practiced since after the third preseason game against San Francisco. He was held out of the preseason finale against Cleveland and the Bears haven’t mentioned his absence from practices.
If Harris is injured worse than the Bears are letting on, he could miss Sunday’s game against Indianapolis or he could wind up missing significant time this season. Being that this year appears to be a rebuilding year, it’s not as devastating as his season-ending injury during the team’s Super Bowl run in 2006.
The team rejected any notion that Harris’ knee is injured worse than originally thought, but that’s not a surprise. The team likes to play things close to its vest.
You can’t replace a Tommie Harris, but, luckily, the team has a lot of depth this year at defensive tackle.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce