Was just watching the Vikings-Packers game and, unfortunately, had to see this sign. I don’t even know where to begin mentioning what’s wrong with it. I guess we’ll start with the obvious… that Favre’s name is spelled wrong. Then we’ll move onto the ridiculous notion that Packers fans — at least this one in the picture — are actually saying they’d prefer to have Aaron Rodgers quarterbacking their team than an NFL legend. Packers fans are notorious for loving their players and calling them the best in the league at their respective positions until the team gets rid of them, and then those players suddenly become worthless and “no good”.
I guess you can make an argument that this particular Packers fan purposely spelled Favre’s name wrong to try to cast him as a nobody, but I just don’t think Packers fans are that smart. After all, they wear wedges of foam cheese on their heads.
If nothing else, at least this sign is unlike the 16 different “Mr. Rodgers’ Neighborhood” signs I saw. Yeah, that’s clever.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone