The Bears solidified their offensive line on Wednesday by bringing back veteran tackle Fred Miller. The move has been rumored for weeks and finally has come to fruition.
While I was one of the biggest advocates for releasing Miller this off-season due to his struggles last season, ironically, I have been a steadfast supporter of his return to the team after the injury to rookie Chris Williams.
Miller certainly still has deficiencies at his age, but I’d feel much more comfortable having him come off the bench than rookie Kirk Barton, who was waived by the team to make room for Miller.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears