The Bears solidified their offensive line on Wednesday by bringing back veteran tackle Fred Miller. The move has been rumored for weeks and finally has come to fruition.
While I was one of the biggest advocates for releasing Miller this off-season due to his struggles last season, ironically, I have been a steadfast supporter of his return to the team after the injury to rookie Chris Williams.
Miller certainly still has deficiencies at his age, but I’d feel much more comfortable having him come off the bench than rookie Kirk Barton, who was waived by the team to make room for Miller.
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50