The Bears solidified their offensive line on Wednesday by bringing back veteran tackle Fred Miller. The move has been rumored for weeks and finally has come to fruition.
While I was one of the biggest advocates for releasing Miller this off-season due to his struggles last season, ironically, I have been a steadfast supporter of his return to the team after the injury to rookie Chris Williams.
Miller certainly still has deficiencies at his age, but I’d feel much more comfortable having him come off the bench than rookie Kirk Barton, who was waived by the team to make room for Miller.
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?