In a good story from ChicagoBears.com, Bears quarterbacks coach Pep Hamilton and defensive backs coach Steven Wilks — 5 years Hamilton’s elder — were friends growing up. Hamilton used to follow Wilks in awe because Wilks was a star quarterback on the local football team in Charlotte, N.C. Hamilton followed in Wilks’ footsteps as a football player, too.
It’s a good read and you check it out if you haven’t done so yet.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night