The status of two injuries from the Bears-Panthers game became a little bit clearer recently.
Brandon McGowan, who was helped off the field Sunday, will undergo season-ending surgery to repair an ankle injury. You never like to see anybody get hurt, but McGowan’s absence hurts only the depth of the team and won’t necessarily affect its production. Danieal Manning will take his place as the starting nickel back.
As for Devin Hester’s injury, he told the media he has “a little torn cartilage”.
“I’m feeling a lot better so I’m hoping by the end of the week I’ll have no pain or nothing like that,” Hester said Thursday.
If Hester were to rush back too quickly, he could damage it further, so I think he should sit out this week. The Bears can and will beat the Buccaneers with or without Hester, so he should let the injury heal as much as possible for the showdown with the Philadelphia Eagles next Sunday night.
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft