The status of two injuries from the Bears-Panthers game became a little bit clearer recently.
Brandon McGowan, who was helped off the field Sunday, will undergo season-ending surgery to repair an ankle injury. You never like to see anybody get hurt, but McGowan’s absence hurts only the depth of the team and won’t necessarily affect its production. Danieal Manning will take his place as the starting nickel back.
As for Devin Hester’s injury, he told the media he has “a little torn cartilage”.
“I’m feeling a lot better so I’m hoping by the end of the week I’ll have no pain or nothing like that,” Hester said Thursday.
If Hester were to rush back too quickly, he could damage it further, so I think he should sit out this week. The Bears can and will beat the Buccaneers with or without Hester, so he should let the injury heal as much as possible for the showdown with the Philadelphia Eagles next Sunday night.
- Chicago Bears draft Jonathan Bullard in third round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Cody Whitehair in second round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Which first-round rookies will Bears face in 2016?
- Chicago Bears draft Leonard Floyd in first round of 2016 NFL Draft
- 2016 NFL Mock Drafts: Who will the Bears pick in the first round?
- Chicago Bears Draft Needs - 2016 NFL Draft
- Could Brian Hoyer sign with the Bears?
- Chicago Bears 2016 Season Predictions
- Chicago Bears 2016 Schedule and Previews
- Connor Cook to visit Bears