After starting the season 0-4 and virtually losing control of the team, the St. Louis Rams fired head coach Scott Linehan Monday morning. Linehan had a 11-25 record in his first stint as a head coach.
In perhaps his greatest locker room-dividing move, Linehan benched quarterback Marc Bulger in favor of Trent Green, a move that created backlash from several players, running back Steven Jackson among them.
Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has taken over as interim coach. His last head coaching job was with the Saints, where he compiled a 45-51 record with one division title and one playoff appearance in six seasons with the team.
The move was made at a convenient time as the Rams are currently heading into their bye week.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone