After starting the season 0-4 and virtually losing control of the team, the St. Louis Rams fired head coach Scott Linehan Monday morning. Linehan had a 11-25 record in his first stint as a head coach.
In perhaps his greatest locker room-dividing move, Linehan benched quarterback Marc Bulger in favor of Trent Green, a move that created backlash from several players, running back Steven Jackson among them.
Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has taken over as interim coach. His last head coaching job was with the Saints, where he compiled a 45-51 record with one division title and one playoff appearance in six seasons with the team.
The move was made at a convenient time as the Rams are currently heading into their bye week.
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers