After starting the season 0-4 and virtually losing control of the team, the St. Louis Rams fired head coach Scott Linehan Monday morning. Linehan had a 11-25 record in his first stint as a head coach.
In perhaps his greatest locker room-dividing move, Linehan benched quarterback Marc Bulger in favor of Trent Green, a move that created backlash from several players, running back Steven Jackson among them.
Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has taken over as interim coach. His last head coaching job was with the Saints, where he compiled a 45-51 record with one division title and one playoff appearance in six seasons with the team.
The move was made at a convenient time as the Rams are currently heading into their bye week.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night