After starting the season 0-4 and virtually losing control of the team, the St. Louis Rams fired head coach Scott Linehan Monday morning. Linehan had a 11-25 record in his first stint as a head coach.
In perhaps his greatest locker room-dividing move, Linehan benched quarterback Marc Bulger in favor of Trent Green, a move that created backlash from several players, running back Steven Jackson among them.
Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has taken over as interim coach. His last head coaching job was with the Saints, where he compiled a 45-51 record with one division title and one playoff appearance in six seasons with the team.
The move was made at a convenient time as the Rams are currently heading into their bye week.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks