After starting the season 0-4 and virtually losing control of the team, the St. Louis Rams fired head coach Scott Linehan Monday morning. Linehan had a 11-25 record in his first stint as a head coach.
In perhaps his greatest locker room-dividing move, Linehan benched quarterback Marc Bulger in favor of Trent Green, a move that created backlash from several players, running back Steven Jackson among them.
Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has taken over as interim coach. His last head coaching job was with the Saints, where he compiled a 45-51 record with one division title and one playoff appearance in six seasons with the team.
The move was made at a convenient time as the Rams are currently heading into their bye week.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear