Seeking a complement at running back to start Chris Perry, the Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday signed former Bear Cedric Benson. Benson will take over the role held by DeDe Dorsey, who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday after suffering a hamstring injury in Sunday’s game against the Browns.
The move isn’t that surprising considering the recent history of Bengals players running afoul of the law. If Benson hadn’t followed Tank Johnson to the Dallas Cowboys — who’ve had a history of run-ins with the law — the next most logical destination was the modern day felons.
It’ll be interesting to see how out-of-shape he is and whether or not he can return to a complementing role, which he succeeded at in 2006 behind Thomas Jones in Chicago.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks