Seeking a complement at running back to start Chris Perry, the Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday signed former Bear Cedric Benson. Benson will take over the role held by DeDe Dorsey, who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday after suffering a hamstring injury in Sunday’s game against the Browns.
The move isn’t that surprising considering the recent history of Bengals players running afoul of the law. If Benson hadn’t followed Tank Johnson to the Dallas Cowboys — who’ve had a history of run-ins with the law — the next most logical destination was the modern day felons.
It’ll be interesting to see how out-of-shape he is and whether or not he can return to a complementing role, which he succeeded at in 2006 behind Thomas Jones in Chicago.
- 2016 NFL Mock Drafts: Who will the Bears pick in the first round?
- Chicago Bears Draft Needs - 2016 NFL Draft
- Could Brian Hoyer sign with the Bears?
- Chicago Bears 2016 Season Predictions
- Chicago Bears 2016 Schedule and Previews
- Connor Cook to visit Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears preseason schedule
- Corey Coleman visits Bears
- Omar Bolden, Bears agree to one-year contract
- Bears sign offensive lineman Ted Larsen