Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin was fired by the organization Tuesday, one day after the firing of St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan.
It was just a matter of time before the move happened, as Raiders owner Al Davis wanted Kiffin to resign in the off-season so he wouldn’t have to pay Kiffin the remainder of his contact.
Kiffin, son of Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, was hired on January 23, 2007, making him the youngest head coach in Raiders history and in the modern NFL. He compiled a 4-12 record in 2007 and was 1-3 with the team this year.
Raiders offensive line coach Tom Cable has taken over as head coach.
- ‘Mitch Trubisky Era’ begins now for the Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday