Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin was fired by the organization Tuesday, one day after the firing of St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan.
It was just a matter of time before the move happened, as Raiders owner Al Davis wanted Kiffin to resign in the off-season so he wouldn’t have to pay Kiffin the remainder of his contact.
Kiffin, son of Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, was hired on January 23, 2007, making him the youngest head coach in Raiders history and in the modern NFL. He compiled a 4-12 record in 2007 and was 1-3 with the team this year.
Raiders offensive line coach Tom Cable has taken over as head coach.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach