Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin was fired by the organization Tuesday, one day after the firing of St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan.
It was just a matter of time before the move happened, as Raiders owner Al Davis wanted Kiffin to resign in the off-season so he wouldn’t have to pay Kiffin the remainder of his contact.
Kiffin, son of Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, was hired on January 23, 2007, making him the youngest head coach in Raiders history and in the modern NFL. He compiled a 4-12 record in 2007 and was 1-3 with the team this year.
Raiders offensive line coach Tom Cable has taken over as head coach.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone