Late last week, it was revealed that top wide receiver Brandon Lloyd would miss the Lions game with a sprained knee, and there was speculation that rookie Earl Bennett would make his first stint on the active roster.
Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears Game Day Live on Fox that Bennett will indeed be active today against Detroit.
Smith also confirmed that cornerback Nathan Vasher will not play today, either, and that Corey Graham will start in his place. Ironically, Smith mentioned that Marcus Hamilton will see time in the rotation even before mentioning Graham’s name. Bears radio play-by-play announcer Jeff Joniak had to remind Smith that Graham would start and Smith agreed. This could mean Hamilton will possibly see some extended minutes.
Hamilton was picked up by the Bears after he was waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the teams’ Week 3 matchup. Mark Bradley was released to make room on the active roster.
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed