Late last week, it was revealed that top wide receiver Brandon Lloyd would miss the Lions game with a sprained knee, and there was speculation that rookie Earl Bennett would make his first stint on the active roster.
Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears Game Day Live on Fox that Bennett will indeed be active today against Detroit.
Smith also confirmed that cornerback Nathan Vasher will not play today, either, and that Corey Graham will start in his place. Ironically, Smith mentioned that Marcus Hamilton will see time in the rotation even before mentioning Graham’s name. Bears radio play-by-play announcer Jeff Joniak had to remind Smith that Graham would start and Smith agreed. This could mean Hamilton will possibly see some extended minutes.
Hamilton was picked up by the Bears after he was waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the teams’ Week 3 matchup. Mark Bradley was released to make room on the active roster.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear