Late last week, it was revealed that top wide receiver Brandon Lloyd would miss the Lions game with a sprained knee, and there was speculation that rookie Earl Bennett would make his first stint on the active roster.
Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears Game Day Live on Fox that Bennett will indeed be active today against Detroit.
Smith also confirmed that cornerback Nathan Vasher will not play today, either, and that Corey Graham will start in his place. Ironically, Smith mentioned that Marcus Hamilton will see time in the rotation even before mentioning Graham’s name. Bears radio play-by-play announcer Jeff Joniak had to remind Smith that Graham would start and Smith agreed. This could mean Hamilton will possibly see some extended minutes.
Hamilton was picked up by the Bears after he was waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the teams’ Week 3 matchup. Mark Bradley was released to make room on the active roster.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night