Late last week, it was revealed that top wide receiver Brandon Lloyd would miss the Lions game with a sprained knee, and there was speculation that rookie Earl Bennett would make his first stint on the active roster.
Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears Game Day Live on Fox that Bennett will indeed be active today against Detroit.
Smith also confirmed that cornerback Nathan Vasher will not play today, either, and that Corey Graham will start in his place. Ironically, Smith mentioned that Marcus Hamilton will see time in the rotation even before mentioning Graham’s name. Bears radio play-by-play announcer Jeff Joniak had to remind Smith that Graham would start and Smith agreed. This could mean Hamilton will possibly see some extended minutes.
Hamilton was picked up by the Bears after he was waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the teams’ Week 3 matchup. Mark Bradley was released to make room on the active roster.
- 2016 NFL Mock Drafts: Who will the Bears pick in the first round?
- Chicago Bears Draft Needs - 2016 NFL Draft
- Could Brian Hoyer sign with the Bears?
- Chicago Bears 2016 Season Predictions
- Chicago Bears 2016 Schedule and Previews
- Connor Cook to visit Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears preseason schedule
- Corey Coleman visits Bears
- Omar Bolden, Bears agree to one-year contract
- Bears sign offensive lineman Ted Larsen