Late last week, it was revealed that top wide receiver Brandon Lloyd would miss the Lions game with a sprained knee, and there was speculation that rookie Earl Bennett would make his first stint on the active roster.
Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears Game Day Live on Fox that Bennett will indeed be active today against Detroit.
Smith also confirmed that cornerback Nathan Vasher will not play today, either, and that Corey Graham will start in his place. Ironically, Smith mentioned that Marcus Hamilton will see time in the rotation even before mentioning Graham’s name. Bears radio play-by-play announcer Jeff Joniak had to remind Smith that Graham would start and Smith agreed. This could mean Hamilton will possibly see some extended minutes.
Hamilton was picked up by the Bears after he was waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the teams’ Week 3 matchup. Mark Bradley was released to make room on the active roster.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach