Curiosity led me to look around the web at different sports sites to see how experts were predicting this week’s Bears-Falcons game. The result is a majority of support for the Bears with some exceptions.
On ESPN, all but three — Fleming, Hoge, and Jaworski — pick the Bears to beat the Falcons.
All six experts on FoxSports.com have picked the Bears.
SI’s Peter King has picked the Bears to win, 24-13.
CBS Sportsline.com is a different story. Pete Prisco picks the Falcons to win, 27-24, citing the second of back-to-back road games as the reason for the loss. If that line of thinking holds up, then the Bears are in trouble because they have a three-game road trip coming up in November. But back-to-back road games don’t always spell trouble for teams. And as for their other experts, it’s hard to tell who they pick because they make their picks against the spread, but four of their six experts took the Falcons plus 2.5 points, which means if they think the Bears will win, they think it’ll be by less than 3 points.
- Matt Forte, Bears set to part ways
- Bears will eye Broncos free agents
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract