Curiosity led me to look around the web at different sports sites to see how experts were predicting this week’s Bears-Falcons game. The result is a majority of support for the Bears with some exceptions.
On ESPN, all but three — Fleming, Hoge, and Jaworski — pick the Bears to beat the Falcons.
All six experts on FoxSports.com have picked the Bears.
SI’s Peter King has picked the Bears to win, 24-13.
CBS Sportsline.com is a different story. Pete Prisco picks the Falcons to win, 27-24, citing the second of back-to-back road games as the reason for the loss. If that line of thinking holds up, then the Bears are in trouble because they have a three-game road trip coming up in November. But back-to-back road games don’t always spell trouble for teams. And as for their other experts, it’s hard to tell who they pick because they make their picks against the spread, but four of their six experts took the Falcons plus 2.5 points, which means if they think the Bears will win, they think it’ll be by less than 3 points.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear