Curiosity led me to look around the web at different sports sites to see how experts were predicting this week’s Bears-Falcons game. The result is a majority of support for the Bears with some exceptions.
On ESPN, all but three — Fleming, Hoge, and Jaworski — pick the Bears to beat the Falcons.
All six experts on FoxSports.com have picked the Bears.
SI’s Peter King has picked the Bears to win, 24-13.
CBS Sportsline.com is a different story. Pete Prisco picks the Falcons to win, 27-24, citing the second of back-to-back road games as the reason for the loss. If that line of thinking holds up, then the Bears are in trouble because they have a three-game road trip coming up in November. But back-to-back road games don’t always spell trouble for teams. And as for their other experts, it’s hard to tell who they pick because they make their picks against the spread, but four of their six experts took the Falcons plus 2.5 points, which means if they think the Bears will win, they think it’ll be by less than 3 points.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year