Reserve offensive lineman Terrence Metcalf was suspended by the league for four games Monday for violating the league’s policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.
Metcalf, who was hurt in the preseason and lost his starting job to Josh Beekman, will be eligible to return to practice on Nov. 17.
This obviously hurts the Bears depth and the health of Beekman and Roberto Garza become increasingly critical. Dan Buenning, whom the Bears acquired earlier this season but hasn’t been active on game days, figures to step into the backup role.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft