Reserve offensive lineman Terrence Metcalf was suspended by the league for four games Monday for violating the league’s policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.
Metcalf, who was hurt in the preseason and lost his starting job to Josh Beekman, will be eligible to return to practice on Nov. 17.
This obviously hurts the Bears depth and the health of Beekman and Roberto Garza become increasingly critical. Dan Buenning, whom the Bears acquired earlier this season but hasn’t been active on game days, figures to step into the backup role.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks