Reserve offensive lineman Terrence Metcalf was suspended by the league for four games Monday for violating the league’s policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.
Metcalf, who was hurt in the preseason and lost his starting job to Josh Beekman, will be eligible to return to practice on Nov. 17.
This obviously hurts the Bears depth and the health of Beekman and Roberto Garza become increasingly critical. Dan Buenning, whom the Bears acquired earlier this season but hasn’t been active on game days, figures to step into the backup role.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear