Reserve offensive lineman Terrence Metcalf was suspended by the league for four games Monday for violating the league’s policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.
Metcalf, who was hurt in the preseason and lost his starting job to Josh Beekman, will be eligible to return to practice on Nov. 17.
This obviously hurts the Bears depth and the health of Beekman and Roberto Garza become increasingly critical. Dan Buenning, whom the Bears acquired earlier this season but hasn’t been active on game days, figures to step into the backup role.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone