Reserve offensive lineman Terrence Metcalf was suspended by the league for four games Monday for violating the league’s policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.
Metcalf, who was hurt in the preseason and lost his starting job to Josh Beekman, will be eligible to return to practice on Nov. 17.
This obviously hurts the Bears depth and the health of Beekman and Roberto Garza become increasingly critical. Dan Buenning, whom the Bears acquired earlier this season but hasn’t been active on game days, figures to step into the backup role.
- Chicago Bears draft Leonard Floyd in first round of 2016 NFL Draft
- 2016 NFL Mock Drafts: Who will the Bears pick in the first round?
- Chicago Bears Draft Needs - 2016 NFL Draft
- Could Brian Hoyer sign with the Bears?
- Chicago Bears 2016 Season Predictions
- Chicago Bears 2016 Schedule and Previews
- Connor Cook to visit Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears preseason schedule
- Corey Coleman visits Bears
- Omar Bolden, Bears agree to one-year contract