At quick glance, one would become concerned with the quantity of players on the Bears’ injury report for this week’s matchup with the Vikings. The Bears have 12 players listed, a total bested by just two teams in the league for Week 7.
A closer look, however, reveals that only Danieal Manning and Brandon Lloyd are listed as out for this week. Lovie Smith is optimistic everyone else will be available, but there are no certainties.
Cornerbacks Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, and Trumaine McBride are all listed as questionable, as is linebacker Nick Roach. Wide receivers Marty Booker and Rashied Davis, defensive tackles Tommie Harris, Marcus Harrison, and Israel Idonije, and punter Brad Maynard are all listed as probable.
For the Vikings, lineback David Herron is out, linebacker Erin Henderson, wide receivers Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice, and safety Madieu Williams are all listed as questionable. Tight end Jim Kleinsasser and cornerback Benny Sapp are probable.
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job