At quick glance, one would become concerned with the quantity of players on the Bears’ injury report for this week’s matchup with the Vikings. The Bears have 12 players listed, a total bested by just two teams in the league for Week 7.
A closer look, however, reveals that only Danieal Manning and Brandon Lloyd are listed as out for this week. Lovie Smith is optimistic everyone else will be available, but there are no certainties.
Cornerbacks Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, and Trumaine McBride are all listed as questionable, as is linebacker Nick Roach. Wide receivers Marty Booker and Rashied Davis, defensive tackles Tommie Harris, Marcus Harrison, and Israel Idonije, and punter Brad Maynard are all listed as probable.
For the Vikings, lineback David Herron is out, linebacker Erin Henderson, wide receivers Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice, and safety Madieu Williams are all listed as questionable. Tight end Jim Kleinsasser and cornerback Benny Sapp are probable.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night