Rookie cornerback Zackary Bowman may have just participated in his first, best, and last game of the season all against the Minnesota Vikings.
Getting his first NFL action due to injuries to Charles Tillman and Nathan Vasher, Bowman recovered a muffed punt in the end zone for a touchdown and also intercepted Gus Frerotte on the Vikings final offensive play of the game to seal the Bears’ 48-41 victory.
Bowman had injured his arm in the game and was initially ruled out for the remainder of the action, but he got his arm taped up and re-entered the game in time to make the interception.
The injury Bowman suffered was to his biceps, which could require season-ending surgery. He will certainly have at least a lengthy absence, leaving the Bears’ secondary even thinner than before.
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deon Bush in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Nick Kwiatkoski in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft