Following a biceps injury that knocked him out of a portion of the Minnesota Vikings game, cornerback Zackary Bowman will need season-ending surgery and the Bears have placed him on the injured reserve list.
The Bears also signed veteran safety Terrence Holt. Holt was drafted in 2003 by the Detroit Lions and played four seasons with the club. Holt also has played with the Cardinals and Panthers.
The brother of St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt, if Terrence remains with the team long enough, he will face his sibling when the Bears travel to St. Louis on Nov. 23.
Holt has had modest success in his NFL career and should be able to help an ailing Bears secondary.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night