Following a biceps injury that knocked him out of a portion of the Minnesota Vikings game, cornerback Zackary Bowman will need season-ending surgery and the Bears have placed him on the injured reserve list.
The Bears also signed veteran safety Terrence Holt. Holt was drafted in 2003 by the Detroit Lions and played four seasons with the club. Holt also has played with the Cardinals and Panthers.
The brother of St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt, if Terrence remains with the team long enough, he will face his sibling when the Bears travel to St. Louis on Nov. 23.
Holt has had modest success in his NFL career and should be able to help an ailing Bears secondary.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Draft Class Analysis
- ‘Mitch Trubisky Era’ begins now for the Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference