Following a biceps injury that knocked him out of a portion of the Minnesota Vikings game, cornerback Zackary Bowman will need season-ending surgery and the Bears have placed him on the injured reserve list.
The Bears also signed veteran safety Terrence Holt. Holt was drafted in 2003 by the Detroit Lions and played four seasons with the club. Holt also has played with the Cardinals and Panthers.
The brother of St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt, if Terrence remains with the team long enough, he will face his sibling when the Bears travel to St. Louis on Nov. 23.
Holt has had modest success in his NFL career and should be able to help an ailing Bears secondary.
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job