Following a biceps injury that knocked him out of a portion of the Minnesota Vikings game, cornerback Zackary Bowman will need season-ending surgery and the Bears have placed him on the injured reserve list.
The Bears also signed veteran safety Terrence Holt. Holt was drafted in 2003 by the Detroit Lions and played four seasons with the club. Holt also has played with the Cardinals and Panthers.
The brother of St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt, if Terrence remains with the team long enough, he will face his sibling when the Bears travel to St. Louis on Nov. 23.
Holt has had modest success in his NFL career and should be able to help an ailing Bears secondary.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler