Rookie Zackary Bowman received some bittersweet news Wednesday as he was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his role in the Bears’ 48-41 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
Bowman recovered a muffed punt in the end zone for a Bears touchdown. He also contributed later on defense with a game-sealing interception.
The award is bittersweet because Bowman was placed on IR with a biceps injury.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks