Rookie Zackary Bowman received some bittersweet news Wednesday as he was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his role in the Bears’ 48-41 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
Bowman recovered a muffed punt in the end zone for a Bears touchdown. He also contributed later on defense with a game-sealing interception.
The award is bittersweet because Bowman was placed on IR with a biceps injury.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear