Rookie Zackary Bowman received some bittersweet news Wednesday as he was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his role in the Bears’ 48-41 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
Bowman recovered a muffed punt in the end zone for a Bears touchdown. He also contributed later on defense with a game-sealing interception.
The award is bittersweet because Bowman was placed on IR with a biceps injury.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year