In a move hardly worth mentioning unless something unfortunate were to happen to Jason McKie, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday appeared ready to sign fullback Jed Collins to their practice squad, according to Brad Biggs of the Sun-Times and a league source.
The move comes a day after the Bears lost fullback Jason Davis, who was signed by the Oakland Raiders to their active roster.
Collins was on the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad and was released last week. A rookie from Washington State, Collins — 6-2, 254 pounds — is a converted tight end.
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft