In a move hardly worth mentioning unless something unfortunate were to happen to Jason McKie, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday appeared ready to sign fullback Jed Collins to their practice squad, according to Brad Biggs of the Sun-Times and a league source.
The move comes a day after the Bears lost fullback Jason Davis, who was signed by the Oakland Raiders to their active roster.
Collins was on the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad and was released last week. A rookie from Washington State, Collins — 6-2, 254 pounds — is a converted tight end.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach