In a move hardly worth mentioning unless something unfortunate were to happen to Jason McKie, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday appeared ready to sign fullback Jed Collins to their practice squad, according to Brad Biggs of the Sun-Times and a league source.
The move comes a day after the Bears lost fullback Jason Davis, who was signed by the Oakland Raiders to their active roster.
Collins was on the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad and was released last week. A rookie from Washington State, Collins — 6-2, 254 pounds — is a converted tight end.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce