In a move hardly worth mentioning unless something unfortunate were to happen to Jason McKie, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday appeared ready to sign fullback Jed Collins to their practice squad, according to Brad Biggs of the Sun-Times and a league source.
The move comes a day after the Bears lost fullback Jason Davis, who was signed by the Oakland Raiders to their active roster.
Collins was on the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad and was released last week. A rookie from Washington State, Collins — 6-2, 254 pounds — is a converted tight end.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear