In a move hardly worth mentioning unless something unfortunate were to happen to Jason McKie, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday appeared ready to sign fullback Jed Collins to their practice squad, according to Brad Biggs of the Sun-Times and a league source.
The move comes a day after the Bears lost fullback Jason Davis, who was signed by the Oakland Raiders to their active roster.
Collins was on the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad and was released last week. A rookie from Washington State, Collins — 6-2, 254 pounds — is a converted tight end.
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?