It seems the rumors of Kyle Orton missing up to a month following the ankle injury he suffered against Detroit this week were premature.
Orton said Wednesday he’s hopeful he can play this week against the undefeated Titans.
“I’m certainly not ruling out anything,” Orton said. “Just going week to week.”
This news surely comes as a sigh of relief to many Bears fans fearing an apocalypse with Rex Grossman under center. We may not have a divided fan base, after all.
I personally feel that this is just a smokescreen. I think the Bears are being coy about Orton’s injury status so that the Titans aren’t preparing the entire game plan for Grossman, whom many teams rattle by sending extra pressure on blitzes.
But, we’ll see as the week progresses if Orton can practice and how he appears on the injury report Friday.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks