It seems the rumors of Kyle Orton missing up to a month following the ankle injury he suffered against Detroit this week were premature.
Orton said Wednesday he’s hopeful he can play this week against the undefeated Titans.
“I’m certainly not ruling out anything,” Orton said. “Just going week to week.”
This news surely comes as a sigh of relief to many Bears fans fearing an apocalypse with Rex Grossman under center. We may not have a divided fan base, after all.
I personally feel that this is just a smokescreen. I think the Bears are being coy about Orton’s injury status so that the Titans aren’t preparing the entire game plan for Grossman, whom many teams rattle by sending extra pressure on blitzes.
But, we’ll see as the week progresses if Orton can practice and how he appears on the injury report Friday.
- Which first-round rookies will Bears face in 2016?
- Chicago Bears draft Leonard Floyd in first round of 2016 NFL Draft
- 2016 NFL Mock Drafts: Who will the Bears pick in the first round?
- Chicago Bears Draft Needs - 2016 NFL Draft
- Could Brian Hoyer sign with the Bears?
- Chicago Bears 2016 Season Predictions
- Chicago Bears 2016 Schedule and Previews
- Connor Cook to visit Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears preseason schedule
- Corey Coleman visits Bears