It seems the rumors of Kyle Orton missing up to a month following the ankle injury he suffered against Detroit this week were premature.
Orton said Wednesday he’s hopeful he can play this week against the undefeated Titans.
“I’m certainly not ruling out anything,” Orton said. “Just going week to week.”
This news surely comes as a sigh of relief to many Bears fans fearing an apocalypse with Rex Grossman under center. We may not have a divided fan base, after all.
I personally feel that this is just a smokescreen. I think the Bears are being coy about Orton’s injury status so that the Titans aren’t preparing the entire game plan for Grossman, whom many teams rattle by sending extra pressure on blitzes.
But, we’ll see as the week progresses if Orton can practice and how he appears on the injury report Friday.
- Matt Forte, Bears set to part ways
- Bears will eye Broncos free agents
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract