It seems the rumors of Kyle Orton missing up to a month following the ankle injury he suffered against Detroit this week were premature.
Orton said Wednesday he’s hopeful he can play this week against the undefeated Titans.
“I’m certainly not ruling out anything,” Orton said. “Just going week to week.”
This news surely comes as a sigh of relief to many Bears fans fearing an apocalypse with Rex Grossman under center. We may not have a divided fan base, after all.
I personally feel that this is just a smokescreen. I think the Bears are being coy about Orton’s injury status so that the Titans aren’t preparing the entire game plan for Grossman, whom many teams rattle by sending extra pressure on blitzes.
But, we’ll see as the week progresses if Orton can practice and how he appears on the injury report Friday.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone