It seems the rumors of Kyle Orton missing up to a month following the ankle injury he suffered against Detroit this week were premature.
Orton said Wednesday he’s hopeful he can play this week against the undefeated Titans.
“I’m certainly not ruling out anything,” Orton said. “Just going week to week.”
This news surely comes as a sigh of relief to many Bears fans fearing an apocalypse with Rex Grossman under center. We may not have a divided fan base, after all.
I personally feel that this is just a smokescreen. I think the Bears are being coy about Orton’s injury status so that the Titans aren’t preparing the entire game plan for Grossman, whom many teams rattle by sending extra pressure on blitzes.
But, we’ll see as the week progresses if Orton can practice and how he appears on the injury report Friday.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft