Bears general manager Jerry Angelo answered fans’ questions on ChicagoBears.com. Here’s a small sampling of Part 1 of the two part interview:
On Kyle Orton and a possible contract extension:
Kyle has done a really good job thus far, and we’re confident and hopeful that he’ll continue to do the things that have made us successful… But like all players that are coming into their own, they have to do it over a period of time before anything can be said for sure.
On the Bears’ pass defense:
The yardage we’re giving up in the passing game has been our Achilles’ heel on defense… we do need to get better in terms of our techniques… you need to spend time analyzing everything in all areas before you find a solution. That’s what we did during that off week and hopefully we’re going to start seeing better results.
On Devin Hester’s struggles in the return game:
We need to do a better job of helping him as well in terms of players around him holding their blocks longer and not drawing penalties.
On the most pleasant surprise:
I’m very happy with the way our offense has come together, particularly our offensive line. We had a lot of question marks coming out of training camp on how they would perform…
To read the full interview, click here.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone