The Bears — like a lot of teams in the NFL — like to hold their cards close to the vest and they refused to announce this past week who would be their starting quarterback against Tennessee.
However, with Kyle Orton listed as doubtful on Friday’s injury report, it came as little surprise when coach Lovie Smith announced on Bears GameDay Live that Rex Grossman will start at quarterback. Caleb Hanie will be the primary backup and Orton will be available as the emergency quarterback if needed.
The only other player Smith mentioned was wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, whom he called a “game time decision”. Lloyd’s presence doesn’t figure to alter the offensive approach one way or another.
Titans: QB Chris Simms (3rd), WR Paul Williams, WR Chris Davis, CB Renaldo Hill, RB Chris Henry, LB Colin Allred, OT Michael Otto, DE Kyle Vanden Bosch.
Bears: QB Kyle Orton (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, DB Terrance Holt, T Fred Miller, DT Matt Toeanina, WR Brandon Lloyd, LB Hunter Hillenmeyer, NT Anthony Adams.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks