The Bears — like a lot of teams in the NFL — like to hold their cards close to the vest and they refused to announce this past week who would be their starting quarterback against Tennessee.
However, with Kyle Orton listed as doubtful on Friday’s injury report, it came as little surprise when coach Lovie Smith announced on Bears GameDay Live that Rex Grossman will start at quarterback. Caleb Hanie will be the primary backup and Orton will be available as the emergency quarterback if needed.
The only other player Smith mentioned was wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, whom he called a “game time decision”. Lloyd’s presence doesn’t figure to alter the offensive approach one way or another.
Titans: QB Chris Simms (3rd), WR Paul Williams, WR Chris Davis, CB Renaldo Hill, RB Chris Henry, LB Colin Allred, OT Michael Otto, DE Kyle Vanden Bosch.
Bears: QB Kyle Orton (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, DB Terrance Holt, T Fred Miller, DT Matt Toeanina, WR Brandon Lloyd, LB Hunter Hillenmeyer, NT Anthony Adams.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night