The Bears — like a lot of teams in the NFL — like to hold their cards close to the vest and they refused to announce this past week who would be their starting quarterback against Tennessee.
However, with Kyle Orton listed as doubtful on Friday’s injury report, it came as little surprise when coach Lovie Smith announced on Bears GameDay Live that Rex Grossman will start at quarterback. Caleb Hanie will be the primary backup and Orton will be available as the emergency quarterback if needed.
The only other player Smith mentioned was wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, whom he called a “game time decision”. Lloyd’s presence doesn’t figure to alter the offensive approach one way or another.
Titans: QB Chris Simms (3rd), WR Paul Williams, WR Chris Davis, CB Renaldo Hill, RB Chris Henry, LB Colin Allred, OT Michael Otto, DE Kyle Vanden Bosch.
Bears: QB Kyle Orton (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, DB Terrance Holt, T Fred Miller, DT Matt Toeanina, WR Brandon Lloyd, LB Hunter Hillenmeyer, NT Anthony Adams.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft