Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears GameDay Live on FOX what we all believed and hoped to be true, that Kyle Orton is healthy and will start at quarterback today against the Packers.
Also active today will be wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, who hasn’t played since suffering a sprained knee against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sept. 28.
An intriguing decision also was made by the coaching staff, Jeff Joniak reported. Backup running back Kevin Jones will not be active today as the Bears have chosen to make all seven of their linebackers active.
The decision in itself to have all their linebackers available is not surprising. Darrell McClover, Joey LaRocque, and Jamar Williams are key special teams contributors and Nick Roach was filling in for Hunter Hillenmeyer when Hillenmeyer was out with a hand injury. Obviously, Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher are the other two LBs.
But making Jones inactive is the interesting part because if Forte were to get hurt, the Bears seeemingly have enough confidence in Adrian Peterson and Garrett Wolfe to shoulder the load.
Bears: QB Caleb Hanie (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, RB Kevin Jones, T Fred Miller, DT Matt Toeaina, WR Earl Bennett, NT Anthony Adams, DE Ervin Baldwin.
Packers: QB Brian Brohm (3rd), CB Pat Lee , RB DeShawn Wynn, LB Nick Barnett, T Breno Giacomini, G Allen Barbre, WR Ruvell Martin, DE Jeremy Thompson.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears