Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears GameDay Live on FOX what we all believed and hoped to be true, that Kyle Orton is healthy and will start at quarterback today against the Packers.
Also active today will be wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, who hasn’t played since suffering a sprained knee against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sept. 28.
An intriguing decision also was made by the coaching staff, Jeff Joniak reported. Backup running back Kevin Jones will not be active today as the Bears have chosen to make all seven of their linebackers active.
The decision in itself to have all their linebackers available is not surprising. Darrell McClover, Joey LaRocque, and Jamar Williams are key special teams contributors and Nick Roach was filling in for Hunter Hillenmeyer when Hillenmeyer was out with a hand injury. Obviously, Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher are the other two LBs.
But making Jones inactive is the interesting part because if Forte were to get hurt, the Bears seeemingly have enough confidence in Adrian Peterson and Garrett Wolfe to shoulder the load.
Bears: QB Caleb Hanie (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, RB Kevin Jones, T Fred Miller, DT Matt Toeaina, WR Earl Bennett, NT Anthony Adams, DE Ervin Baldwin.
Packers: QB Brian Brohm (3rd), CB Pat Lee , RB DeShawn Wynn, LB Nick Barnett, T Breno Giacomini, G Allen Barbre, WR Ruvell Martin, DE Jeremy Thompson.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year