Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears GameDay Live on FOX what we all believed and hoped to be true, that Kyle Orton is healthy and will start at quarterback today against the Packers.
Also active today will be wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, who hasn’t played since suffering a sprained knee against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sept. 28.
An intriguing decision also was made by the coaching staff, Jeff Joniak reported. Backup running back Kevin Jones will not be active today as the Bears have chosen to make all seven of their linebackers active.
The decision in itself to have all their linebackers available is not surprising. Darrell McClover, Joey LaRocque, and Jamar Williams are key special teams contributors and Nick Roach was filling in for Hunter Hillenmeyer when Hillenmeyer was out with a hand injury. Obviously, Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher are the other two LBs.
But making Jones inactive is the interesting part because if Forte were to get hurt, the Bears seeemingly have enough confidence in Adrian Peterson and Garrett Wolfe to shoulder the load.
Bears: QB Caleb Hanie (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, RB Kevin Jones, T Fred Miller, DT Matt Toeaina, WR Earl Bennett, NT Anthony Adams, DE Ervin Baldwin.
Packers: QB Brian Brohm (3rd), CB Pat Lee , RB DeShawn Wynn, LB Nick Barnett, T Breno Giacomini, G Allen Barbre, WR Ruvell Martin, DE Jeremy Thompson.
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deon Bush in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Nick Kwiatkoski in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jonathan Bullard in third round of 2016 NFL Draft