Danieal Manning will return kickoffs today against St. Louis and Devin Hester will be relegated to punt return duties, Bears coach Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears GameDay Live on FOX.
On the offensive front, wide receiver Brandon Rideau is active and Lovie said he “will play” today. Rideau will be taking the place of veteran Marty Booker, who is out with a knee injury.
Defensively, linebackers Hunter Hillenmeyer and Nick Roach, both of whom have been banged up recently, are both healthy enough to play. Lovie did not mention which player would start. Roach started last week and Hillenmeyer played mostly on special teams, something he wasn’t fond of doing.
Also, defensive tackle Anthony Adams will be active today and will see some playing time, something he hasn’t done since earlier in the season — the game in Detroit if memory serves. Look for Adams to make a contribution, something the veteran did last year late in the season when it seemed like no other player was contributing.
Bears: QB Caleb Hanie (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, RB Kevin Jones, LB Darrell McClover, DT Matt Toeaina, WR Earl Bennett, WR Marty Booker, DE Ervin Baldwin.
Rams: QB Brock Berlin (3rd), CB Tye Hill, RB Steven Jackson, LB Chris Draft, G Roy Schuening, OT Anthony Davis, OT Orlando Pace, DE Eric Moore.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler