Danieal Manning will return kickoffs today against St. Louis and Devin Hester will be relegated to punt return duties, Bears coach Lovie Smith confirmed on Bears GameDay Live on FOX.
On the offensive front, wide receiver Brandon Rideau is active and Lovie said he “will play” today. Rideau will be taking the place of veteran Marty Booker, who is out with a knee injury.
Defensively, linebackers Hunter Hillenmeyer and Nick Roach, both of whom have been banged up recently, are both healthy enough to play. Lovie did not mention which player would start. Roach started last week and Hillenmeyer played mostly on special teams, something he wasn’t fond of doing.
Also, defensive tackle Anthony Adams will be active today and will see some playing time, something he hasn’t done since earlier in the season — the game in Detroit if memory serves. Look for Adams to make a contribution, something the veteran did last year late in the season when it seemed like no other player was contributing.
Bears: QB Caleb Hanie (3rd), CB Marcus Hamilton, RB Kevin Jones, LB Darrell McClover, DT Matt Toeaina, WR Earl Bennett, WR Marty Booker, DE Ervin Baldwin.
Rams: QB Brock Berlin (3rd), CB Tye Hill, RB Steven Jackson, LB Chris Draft, G Roy Schuening, OT Anthony Davis, OT Orlando Pace, DE Eric Moore.
- 2016 NFL Mock Drafts: Who will the Bears pick in the first round?
- Chicago Bears Draft Needs - 2016 NFL Draft
- Could Brian Hoyer sign with the Bears?
- Chicago Bears 2016 Season Predictions
- Chicago Bears 2016 Schedule and Previews
- Connor Cook to visit Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears preseason schedule
- Corey Coleman visits Bears
- Omar Bolden, Bears agree to one-year contract
- Bears sign offensive lineman Ted Larsen