The Atlanta Falcons beat the Minnesota Vikings, 24-17, Sunday to keep the Bears’ hopes for winning the NFC North division alive.
With the Eagles’ loss to the Redskins and the Buccaneers’ defeat to the Chargers, the Bears are also alive in the wild card chase. For the Bears to win the wild card, the Eagles would have to defeat the Cowboys next week and the Buccaneers would have to lose at home to the Raiders — not a likely scenario.
And for the Bears to win the division, they obviously need Minnesota to lose to the Giants next week.
All of these scenarios are moot, of course, if the Bears don’t beat the Packers Monday night and the Texans in Week 17.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night