The Atlanta Falcons beat the Minnesota Vikings, 24-17, Sunday to keep the Bears’ hopes for winning the NFC North division alive.
With the Eagles’ loss to the Redskins and the Buccaneers’ defeat to the Chargers, the Bears are also alive in the wild card chase. For the Bears to win the wild card, the Eagles would have to defeat the Cowboys next week and the Buccaneers would have to lose at home to the Raiders — not a likely scenario.
And for the Bears to win the division, they obviously need Minnesota to lose to the Giants next week.
All of these scenarios are moot, of course, if the Bears don’t beat the Packers Monday night and the Texans in Week 17.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks