The Atlanta Falcons beat the Minnesota Vikings, 24-17, Sunday to keep the Bears’ hopes for winning the NFC North division alive.
With the Eagles’ loss to the Redskins and the Buccaneers’ defeat to the Chargers, the Bears are also alive in the wild card chase. For the Bears to win the wild card, the Eagles would have to defeat the Cowboys next week and the Buccaneers would have to lose at home to the Raiders — not a likely scenario.
And for the Bears to win the division, they obviously need Minnesota to lose to the Giants next week.
All of these scenarios are moot, of course, if the Bears don’t beat the Packers Monday night and the Texans in Week 17.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach