Bears safety Mike Brown was lost for the season yet again, albeit with just one game left this year. It’s because of this inability to finish a season healthy that could make Brown expendable this coming off-season.
Brown aggravated his sore calf muscle, which had been bothering him for weeks, during Monday night’s game against Green Bay.
Brown was placed on IR and the Bears signed a familiar face to fill his spot on the active roster. Ex-Bear Cameron Worrell was added for special team depth.
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?