The first casualty of the Bears’ second-straight season without a playoff berth was defensive backs coach Steven Wilks, who was dismissed on Tuesday.
With injuries to starters Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, and Mike Brown throughout the season, the depth and knowledge of reserves Danieal Manning and Craig Steltz was exposed.
There will certainly be more position coaches — and possibly coordinators — on the hot seat, as well.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear