The first casualty of the Bears’ second-straight season without a playoff berth was defensive backs coach Steven Wilks, who was dismissed on Tuesday.
With injuries to starters Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, and Mike Brown throughout the season, the depth and knowledge of reserves Danieal Manning and Craig Steltz was exposed.
There will certainly be more position coaches — and possibly coordinators — on the hot seat, as well.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone