The first casualty of the Bears’ second-straight season without a playoff berth was defensive backs coach Steven Wilks, who was dismissed on Tuesday.
With injuries to starters Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, and Mike Brown throughout the season, the depth and knowledge of reserves Danieal Manning and Craig Steltz was exposed.
There will certainly be more position coaches — and possibly coordinators — on the hot seat, as well.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears