The 2009 preseason schedule was unveiled and the Bears will certainly have some good competition to get them ready for the regular season.
The Bears will open the preseason on the road against Dick Jauron’s Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium. They will be the first team to get a look at Terrell Owens wearing the navy blue jersey and red helmet.
They will return the following weekend to host the New York Giants at Soldier Field before traveling to Denver to take on the Broncos. Could Jay Cutler being donning the white uniform of the Bears while taking on his former team? Not likely, but it would make for an interesting story line in an otherwise vanilla preseason game.
The Bears conclude the preseason, as they have become accustomed to doing, against the Cleveland Browns at Soldier Field.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears