In an interview with Larry Mayer on ChicagoBears.com, Bears general manager Jerry Angelo discusses the latest rumors about Orlando Pace, Ken Lucas, and Jay Cutler as well as a range of other topics concerning the ball club.
I suspected after the Bears signed Kevin Shaffer that it was still a possibility that the Bears could take an offensive tackle with their first round pick, and Angelo said as much in the interview. But I also suspect that if the Bears do sign Orlando Pace, then a wide receiver, defensive lineman, or safety could be a real possibility at pick No. 18.
Read the full interview here.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone