The Bears certainly had a busy Friday afternoon. In addition to extending defensive lineman Israel Idonije’s contract by two years, and signing free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa to a one-year deal, the Bears agreed to terms with seven of their nine draft picks.
ChicagoBears.com reports that defensive end Henry Melton, cornerback D.J. Moore, wide receiver Johnny Knox, linebacker Marcus Freeman, safety Al Afalava, offensive lineman Lance Louis and wide receiver Derek Kinder all agreed to 4-year deals.
The Bears have traditionally been one of the first teams in the NFL to sign all their draft picks. Only their top two picks, defensive lineman Jarron Gilbert and receiver Juaquin Iglesias remain unsigned.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks