The Bears certainly had a busy Friday afternoon. In addition to extending defensive lineman Israel Idonije’s contract by two years, and signing free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa to a one-year deal, the Bears agreed to terms with seven of their nine draft picks.
ChicagoBears.com reports that defensive end Henry Melton, cornerback D.J. Moore, wide receiver Johnny Knox, linebacker Marcus Freeman, safety Al Afalava, offensive lineman Lance Louis and wide receiver Derek Kinder all agreed to 4-year deals.
The Bears have traditionally been one of the first teams in the NFL to sign all their draft picks. Only their top two picks, defensive lineman Jarron Gilbert and receiver Juaquin Iglesias remain unsigned.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear