The Bears certainly had a busy Friday afternoon. In addition to extending defensive lineman Israel Idonije’s contract by two years, and signing free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa to a one-year deal, the Bears agreed to terms with seven of their nine draft picks.
ChicagoBears.com reports that defensive end Henry Melton, cornerback D.J. Moore, wide receiver Johnny Knox, linebacker Marcus Freeman, safety Al Afalava, offensive lineman Lance Louis and wide receiver Derek Kinder all agreed to 4-year deals.
The Bears have traditionally been one of the first teams in the NFL to sign all their draft picks. Only their top two picks, defensive lineman Jarron Gilbert and receiver Juaquin Iglesias remain unsigned.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears