The Houston Texans signed former Bears quarterback Rex Grossman on Friday. The deal is reportedly for one year and worth $620,000, according the Chicago Tribune.
Grossman will compete with recently-signed Dan Orlovsky, who spent last season with the Lions, and Alex Brink for backup duties behind starter Matt Schaub.
- Breaking down the Bears, post-dress rehearsal
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal