The Houston Texans signed former Bears quarterback Rex Grossman on Friday. The deal is reportedly for one year and worth $620,000, according the Chicago Tribune.
Grossman will compete with recently-signed Dan Orlovsky, who spent last season with the Lions, and Alex Brink for backup duties behind starter Matt Schaub.
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury