Boy, I feel like a kid again on the night before Christmas. The excitement and anticipation is building — and has been building for quite some time — and it will all culminate in the kickoff of the 2009 season beginning Friday at 3 p.m.
There’s nothing like hearing the voices again of Lovie Smith and Brian Urlacher, as well as hearing a new voice giving an interview, quarterback Jay Cutler. Smith, Urlacher, and Cutler all quashed the rumor about what Urlacher did or didn’t call Cutler while in Vegas with former Bear Bobby Wade. To me, that doesn’t matter anymore, and any member of the media who tries to continue the rumor is both ignorant and naïve. There’s going to be too much going on beginning tomorrow for some petty journalist to try to keep a lit match going.
It’s great to see the guys arrive at Olivet Nazarene University with their huge TVs and luxury automobiles as they prepare for what could be the beginning of a memorable season.
I’m fired up and wish I could strap on the pads one more time and hit the field in searing heat! Buckle up, Bears fans, it’s going to be one hell of a ride.
It’s Bear season once more!
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear