Boy, I feel like a kid again on the night before Christmas. The excitement and anticipation is building — and has been building for quite some time — and it will all culminate in the kickoff of the 2009 season beginning Friday at 3 p.m.
There’s nothing like hearing the voices again of Lovie Smith and Brian Urlacher, as well as hearing a new voice giving an interview, quarterback Jay Cutler. Smith, Urlacher, and Cutler all quashed the rumor about what Urlacher did or didn’t call Cutler while in Vegas with former Bear Bobby Wade. To me, that doesn’t matter anymore, and any member of the media who tries to continue the rumor is both ignorant and naïve. There’s going to be too much going on beginning tomorrow for some petty journalist to try to keep a lit match going.
It’s great to see the guys arrive at Olivet Nazarene University with their huge TVs and luxury automobiles as they prepare for what could be the beginning of a memorable season.
I’m fired up and wish I could strap on the pads one more time and hit the field in searing heat! Buckle up, Bears fans, it’s going to be one hell of a ride.
It’s Bear season once more!
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears