Kyle Orton’s debut with the Denver Broncos did not go as well as he had hoped. He completed 9 of 16 passes for 89 yards, but his first three drives all ended with interceptions.
Said Orton: “I’m not worried about it. I’ve got a lot of confidence in myself. I think my team has a lot of confidence in me. … I don’t want to make those decisions and throw three interceptions.”
Backup Chris Simms played markedly better, completing 11 of 17 passes for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns, although that was against a second-string defense.
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed