Kyle Orton’s debut with the Denver Broncos did not go as well as he had hoped. He completed 9 of 16 passes for 89 yards, but his first three drives all ended with interceptions.
Said Orton: “I’m not worried about it. I’ve got a lot of confidence in myself. I think my team has a lot of confidence in me. … I don’t want to make those decisions and throw three interceptions.”
Backup Chris Simms played markedly better, completing 11 of 17 passes for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns, although that was against a second-string defense.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year