It was reportd by a few sources earlier this week that Bears defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek would miss the season after tearing his ACL in Saturday’s preseason game against the Giants. Dvoracek and the Bears refused to confirm that report until Friday, when doctors found the tear and repaired it.
This now becomes the fourth season in a row that Dvoracek will conclude the season on IR. He’ll also lead all active players in most time missed due to injury this decade.
While the injury is unfortunate for Dvoracek, the Bears will ultimately be better off. It’s never a good thing to lose depth on the defensive line, but this paves the way for the other tackles to get more playing time, specifically a guy like rookie Jarron Gilbert.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach