It was reportd by a few sources earlier this week that Bears defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek would miss the season after tearing his ACL in Saturday’s preseason game against the Giants. Dvoracek and the Bears refused to confirm that report until Friday, when doctors found the tear and repaired it.
This now becomes the fourth season in a row that Dvoracek will conclude the season on IR. He’ll also lead all active players in most time missed due to injury this decade.
While the injury is unfortunate for Dvoracek, the Bears will ultimately be better off. It’s never a good thing to lose depth on the defensive line, but this paves the way for the other tackles to get more playing time, specifically a guy like rookie Jarron Gilbert.
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft