Former Packers great and current NFL Network analyst Sterling Sharpe had nothing but good things to say about Bears wide receiver Devin Hester.
During an episode of Playbook, in which Sharpe and Brian Baldinger analyze upcoming matchups and discuss which teams will win, Sharpe said the Bears-Lions game this weekend will come down to which wide receivers execute better and he said he likes the Bears’ corps better.
He went on to say that Hester “has arrived as a No. 1 receiver.” As justification for his reasoning, Sharpe pointed out how Hester requested the ball on a slant pattern against the Seahawks because he felt it was open. Jay Cutler rewarded Hester with what turned out to be the game-winning touchdown pass just after the two-minute warning.
Joe Theismann, who is also on the show, agreed with Sharpe. Once a nonbeliever in Hester’s ability to transition from a kick returner to a receiver, Theismann said, “I didn’t think he’d be able to become a receiver, but I’m changing my mind.”
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce