Former Packers great and current NFL Network analyst Sterling Sharpe had nothing but good things to say about Bears wide receiver Devin Hester.
During an episode of Playbook, in which Sharpe and Brian Baldinger analyze upcoming matchups and discuss which teams will win, Sharpe said the Bears-Lions game this weekend will come down to which wide receivers execute better and he said he likes the Bears’ corps better.
He went on to say that Hester “has arrived as a No. 1 receiver.” As justification for his reasoning, Sharpe pointed out how Hester requested the ball on a slant pattern against the Seahawks because he felt it was open. Jay Cutler rewarded Hester with what turned out to be the game-winning touchdown pass just after the two-minute warning.
Joe Theismann, who is also on the show, agreed with Sharpe. Once a nonbeliever in Hester’s ability to transition from a kick returner to a receiver, Theismann said, “I didn’t think he’d be able to become a receiver, but I’m changing my mind.”
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft