“He’s prototypical of what we look for in a defensive end, particularly on the right side.”
-Bears general manager Jerry Angelo on new acquisition, defensive end Gaines Adams.
Angelo’s statement could have two separate meanings. The first, that Adams now has pretty high expectations thrust upon him based on Angelo’s statement that he’s a “prototypical” end for this system, plus Angelo gave up a high draft choice for him. Second, Angelo mentioned the right side, which is the side that Alex Brown plays on. Given that Adewale Ogunleye and Mark Anderson are in the final year of their contracts, who is going to move to the left side and how will the whole rotation work?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear