“He’s prototypical of what we look for in a defensive end, particularly on the right side.”
-Bears general manager Jerry Angelo on new acquisition, defensive end Gaines Adams.
Angelo’s statement could have two separate meanings. The first, that Adams now has pretty high expectations thrust upon him based on Angelo’s statement that he’s a “prototypical” end for this system, plus Angelo gave up a high draft choice for him. Second, Angelo mentioned the right side, which is the side that Alex Brown plays on. Given that Adewale Ogunleye and Mark Anderson are in the final year of their contracts, who is going to move to the left side and how will the whole rotation work?
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone