“He’s prototypical of what we look for in a defensive end, particularly on the right side.”
-Bears general manager Jerry Angelo on new acquisition, defensive end Gaines Adams.
Angelo’s statement could have two separate meanings. The first, that Adams now has pretty high expectations thrust upon him based on Angelo’s statement that he’s a “prototypical” end for this system, plus Angelo gave up a high draft choice for him. Second, Angelo mentioned the right side, which is the side that Alex Brown plays on. Given that Adewale Ogunleye and Mark Anderson are in the final year of their contracts, who is going to move to the left side and how will the whole rotation work?
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?