“He’s prototypical of what we look for in a defensive end, particularly on the right side.”
-Bears general manager Jerry Angelo on new acquisition, defensive end Gaines Adams.
Angelo’s statement could have two separate meanings. The first, that Adams now has pretty high expectations thrust upon him based on Angelo’s statement that he’s a “prototypical” end for this system, plus Angelo gave up a high draft choice for him. Second, Angelo mentioned the right side, which is the side that Alex Brown plays on. Given that Adewale Ogunleye and Mark Anderson are in the final year of their contracts, who is going to move to the left side and how will the whole rotation work?
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night