Jay Cutler has shown enough promise with his new team that the Bears rewarded him with a two-year contract extension to keep him in Chicago through the 2013 season.
Through five games this year, Cutler is ranked No. 16 in both passing yards and quarterback rating, No. 15 in completion percentage, and No. 8 in touchdown passes. More importantly, he has helped lead the Bears to a 3-2 record while, arguably, carrying the entire offense on his back due to a struggling run game ranked 27th in the league.
- Breaking down the Bears, post-dress rehearsal
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal