“We’ve got the momentum going into the locker room.”
-FOX sideline reporter Laura Okmin, relaying what Lovie Smith told her at halftime of the Bears’ 45-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Oct. 25, 2009. The Bears were down 31-3 heading into halftime.
This is just hearsay because we heard it from Okmin and not Smith, but she wouldn’t report it if it weren’t true, would she? And if it is true, Lovie is more delusional than I thought. I’ve always defended him, but for him to say that a first half field goal as time expired gives them the momentum heading into halftime? Are you kidding me?
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks