“We’ve got the momentum going into the locker room.”
-FOX sideline reporter Laura Okmin, relaying what Lovie Smith told her at halftime of the Bears’ 45-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Oct. 25, 2009. The Bears were down 31-3 heading into halftime.
This is just hearsay because we heard it from Okmin and not Smith, but she wouldn’t report it if it weren’t true, would she? And if it is true, Lovie is more delusional than I thought. I’ve always defended him, but for him to say that a first half field goal as time expired gives them the momentum heading into halftime? Are you kidding me?
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone