“We’ve got the momentum going into the locker room.”
-FOX sideline reporter Laura Okmin, relaying what Lovie Smith told her at halftime of the Bears’ 45-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Oct. 25, 2009. The Bears were down 31-3 heading into halftime.
This is just hearsay because we heard it from Okmin and not Smith, but she wouldn’t report it if it weren’t true, would she? And if it is true, Lovie is more delusional than I thought. I’ve always defended him, but for him to say that a first half field goal as time expired gives them the momentum heading into halftime? Are you kidding me?
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year