“We’ve got the momentum going into the locker room.”
-FOX sideline reporter Laura Okmin, relaying what Lovie Smith told her at halftime of the Bears’ 45-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Oct. 25, 2009. The Bears were down 31-3 heading into halftime.
This is just hearsay because we heard it from Okmin and not Smith, but she wouldn’t report it if it weren’t true, would she? And if it is true, Lovie is more delusional than I thought. I’ve always defended him, but for him to say that a first half field goal as time expired gives them the momentum heading into halftime? Are you kidding me?
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night