When there’s little else to write about, one has to get creative with his posts. Pardon my attempt at humor, but here’s my modified version of the Christmas carol, The 12 Days of Christmas.
On December 22, my true love gave to me:
Twelve more days of this season,
Eleven possible losses,
Ten scoreless first quarters,
Minus-9 turnover ratio,
Eighth-worst time of possession,
Seven failed challenges,
Six rushing touchdowns,
…Five Cutler picks…
Four 20-point blowouts,
Three straight playoff-less seasons,
Two untouchable players,
and one more miserable season in the books.
*For those keeping score at home, the two untouchable players are Lance Briggs and Jay Cutler. I realize there’s plenty of room for debate about what constitutes an untouchable player, but for the purposes of this song… the Bears have just two. As for the five Cutler picks, that was just in one game against the 49ers. He has five times that amount on the season, which leads the league.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears