“In [Mike Martz’s] system, you gotta be able to run. You’d better be cerebral, you’d better be able to learn and you’d better have thick skin because he’s so demanding. You’re working with a perfectionist. If you can’t do those three things — if you’re not tough, if you’re not willing to go and block and run routes and be efficient and be quick, you will not play in his system.”
-Free agent wide receiver Torry Holt on what it takes for a wide receiver to fit into new Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz’s offense.
The current Bears receivers can run, but I’m not so sure about them being cerebral, being able or willing to block, or having the ability to learn.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks