“In [Mike Martz’s] system, you gotta be able to run. You’d better be cerebral, you’d better be able to learn and you’d better have thick skin because he’s so demanding. You’re working with a perfectionist. If you can’t do those three things — if you’re not tough, if you’re not willing to go and block and run routes and be efficient and be quick, you will not play in his system.”
-Free agent wide receiver Torry Holt on what it takes for a wide receiver to fit into new Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz’s offense.
The current Bears receivers can run, but I’m not so sure about them being cerebral, being able or willing to block, or having the ability to learn.
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers