“In [Mike Martz’s] system, you gotta be able to run. You’d better be cerebral, you’d better be able to learn and you’d better have thick skin because he’s so demanding. You’re working with a perfectionist. If you can’t do those three things — if you’re not tough, if you’re not willing to go and block and run routes and be efficient and be quick, you will not play in his system.”
-Free agent wide receiver Torry Holt on what it takes for a wide receiver to fit into new Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz’s offense.
The current Bears receivers can run, but I’m not so sure about them being cerebral, being able or willing to block, or having the ability to learn.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear