The Bears took Florida safety Major Wright with the 75th overall pick in the third round of the 2010 draft, their first pick of the event.
Wright is known for his toughness and aggressive hitting. He’s good in run support and run recognition. He’s got football smarts and is instinctive.
Negatives against him are his speed and strength as well as his stiffness out of breaks.
In three years at Florida, Wright finished with 165 tackles, 8 interceptions, and 4 forced fumbles.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler