The Bears took Florida safety Major Wright with the 75th overall pick in the third round of the 2010 draft, their first pick of the event.
Wright is known for his toughness and aggressive hitting. He’s good in run support and run recognition. He’s got football smarts and is instinctive.
Negatives against him are his speed and strength as well as his stiffness out of breaks.
In three years at Florida, Wright finished with 165 tackles, 8 interceptions, and 4 forced fumbles.
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears