The Bears took Florida safety Major Wright with the 75th overall pick in the third round of the 2010 draft, their first pick of the event.
Wright is known for his toughness and aggressive hitting. He’s good in run support and run recognition. He’s got football smarts and is instinctive.
Negatives against him are his speed and strength as well as his stiffness out of breaks.
In three years at Florida, Wright finished with 165 tackles, 8 interceptions, and 4 forced fumbles.
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game