The Bears could be one of the Top 5 surprises in the upcoming season, writes ESPN’s John Clayton.
In his yearly assessment, Clayton forecasts five surprise teams that will be the most likely to sneak up on the rest of the league. Clayton defines a surprise team as one “that, thanks to an easier schedule or significant roster moves, has a chance to either make a three-game improvement on last season’s record or move into a spot from which it could make a playoff run.”
Clayton cites new offensive coordinator Mike Martz’s influence as the biggest reason why the Bears will surprise people this year.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft