“If somebody asks me, ‘How do you think the Bears are going to do this year?’ If I say, ‘Oh, they are going to win 14 ballgames,’ they know the Bears can’t win 14 ballgames. Why should I lie to the people? Football people understand that.”
-Former Bears great Gale Sayers, clarifying remarks he made previously about the current Bears team.
His previous remarks:
“Cutler hasn’t done the job. Urlacher, I don’t know how good he’s going to be coming back. … They need a couple wide receivers, a couple defensive backs. … If Lovie doesn’t do it this year, I think he’s gone.”
- Matt Forte, Bears set to part ways
- Bears will eye Broncos free agents
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract